Lately I was browsing the internet because I was looking for some salad recipes with zucchini and bell pepper. The reason for this was that it is November and that Simone from Junglefrog Cooking is also running a Photography and Styling Challenge for November and that I wanted to be part of this great challenge event again. Since Simone has started these challenges I have become a big fan of it. For me it is like joining a workshop in which I am given special hands-on exercise to leave my personal comfort zone in order to improve my food photography and styling skills. Therefore, thank you Simone that you have launched this series of challenges and congratulations for all the tricky themes you came up with till now and from which I think that they are really challenging!
For November the challenge theme is Food or Drink in a Glass. This time I have thought it is time for a recipe with my favourite vegetables, zucchini and bell pepper. Maybe next time I will join again with a recipe from the fifties like I did it in September and in October. On the site of Küchengötter I have discovered this recipe for a fried zucchini pepper salad which I just slightly modified by using balsamico bianco instead of aceto balsamico and replacing the red onion by a normal onion and the cayenne pepper by pul biber as these were ingredients I already had at home. And the recipe has worked great: very fast and easy to prepare and the balsamico added at last gives that bit of an extra special taste which I personally like very much.
Fried Zucchini Pepper Salad
- 1 zucchini halved and cut into 1 cm pieces
- 1 red bell pepper halved and cut into 1 cm wide slices
- 1 yellow bell pepper halved and cut into 1 cm wide slices
- 1 onion quartered and cut into 1 cm wide slices
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt | pepper
- pinch pul biber
- 1-2 tbsp balsamico bianco
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan or wok and fry while stirring the zucchini, pepper and onion pieces in it at high to medium heat for 5 minutes until they are al dente lightly browned.
- Season the vegetable mixture with salt, pepper and pul biber to taste and deglaze it with the balsamico. Serve the vegetables along with the parmesan cheese. The salad can be enjoyed either warm or cold.