Last week Friday I was just drinking my first cup of coffee when I received a tweet from Hege who runs the lovely blog Hege in France to let me know that I should have a quick look at her blog. This I did, getting directly blushed and starting to smile when I saw that Hege has published a post about my food photos. And while I still was thinking about this I got another tweet from Susanne who already managed it by her blog Asia Spa Boutique that I have started yoga again. And Susanne did let me know that I am one of her nominees for the Liebster Blog Award which is a tag for up and coming bloggers and I had no chance to get off the red on my cheeks and kept instead of this the big smile on my face: Two blog premieres at the same time :).
Motivated by these two lovely and inspiring ladies, it is my pleasure today to share not only some new food photos and the recipe for marinated bell pepper with you, which I tried out lately but also some answers and one or the other unknown fact about myself. The rules of the Liebster Blog Award are: Answer the questions your nominator asked. Post 11 random facts about yourself. Create 11 new questions for your 11 nominees. Link your nominees to your post and obviously tell them. No tag backs.
Lets start with my answers
1. If you had to give your blog a popular song title, what would it be?
Eurythmics: Sweet Dreams.
2. Whatâ€™s your funniest travel experience?
Staying a few days in London in a hotel in which almost everything was somehow fixed with duct tape. Very weird, not only for us, but it had also a kind of special charm.
3. Vanilla or chocolate ice cream?
4. Are you a city- or country-girl?
A little bit of both.
5. If you could swap lives with anybody (dead or alive) â€“ who would it be?
If it is just for a few hours than I would like to swap lives with a lot of people as I would like to learn how other people experience colors, tastes, smell and all that stuff… for example is their orange the same like my orange?
6. Whatâ€™s your top inspiration source for your blog?
My Mum’s recipe collection.
7. Who is your favorite book character?
The tomcat Francis, a little know-it-all, from the books written by Akif Pirincci.
8. Three things you always carry in your bag?
Camera, Reisenthel MINI MAXI shopper, tissue handkerchief
9. Name of your (imaginary) pet?
MĂ¤xchen was the name of my golden hamster when I was a child.
10. Whatâ€™s your favorite Sunday past time?
Difficult question as there are too many… nevertheless these days it is probably food photography.
11. What’s your best but most useless skill?
I used to know most IKEA furniture by names.
And now 11 random facts about myself
- Since August I listen to the CD Not Your Kind of People from Garbage, over and over.
- My favourit “boygroup” is Element of Crime. I think their lyrics are great :).
- When I was a teenager there was a time I wore only garments which I had sewn or knitted myself.
- When going to primary school my best friend and I played almost all the time The Famous Five: as we were just 2 girls and a dog, everyone of us had two characters to play. I was always George and Dick.
- This year I got the complete Famous Five series from the late 70ies on DVD for my birthday… currently my friend from primary school is watching them :).
- I have a certain respect for heights. But I try to face it every now and then step by step.
- I am sometimes a very loud sneezer.
- I am almost perfect when it comes to falling asleep.
- Even if there are no folds on a carpet I manage it to stumble on them.
- I try to have each year at least one premiere by discovering something new: This year I started to blog.
- I had to become 30 before I started to notice that going to sport courses can be such a fun.
My nominies: 11 up and coming blogs which I love
These are all the blogs I personally like to follow and I choose you because I just love what youâ€™re doing and I hope (also for personal reasons) that you will keep it up! Maybe I accidently break the rules by adding some of the nominees because not all blogs show how many followers they have. But I guess, that is still fine :).
- Corinne from Fresh Painting by Corinne Korda
- Elisa from la casa sin tiempo
- Heather from Ocean Bliss
- Jennifer from thefieryredhead
- Lena from MINA MOKA
- Manu from Mikrokosmos
- Margaret from Destination Here & Now
- Meg from Meg Melrose
- Melanie and Soenke from Vollwert-Blog
- Noreen from Spices & Spackle
- Vrehnie from STILQUADRAT
My 11 questions for these nominees
- Your favourite aphorism?
- Mountains or the sea for vacation?
- Are you on the dancefloor or do you prefer to take a view of the dancefloor?
- Which invention you wish you had done?
- What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the last year?
- What’s the last book you read?
- If you had the chance to go tomorrow for a 3-days-holiday-trip: where would you go to?
- Sweet or savory for breakfast?
- If you would be an animal, which one you would like to be?
- What was your favourite dish as a child?
- What is your favourite dish now?
And last but not least: the recipe for the Marinated Bell Pepper