If you search on my blog for “zucchini” you will get currently 34 search results – not counting this post. If you have a look at the dates, you will see that there was only one zucchini recipe on the blog this year.
But I definitely cleaned and prepared already more zucchini this year than in the past years. Zucchini are vegetable that always fits me. It has a regular place in my shopping cart. If I read cooking magazines or books for the first time, I usually have marked many recipes using zucchini in the end.
This has happened also to me when I read the cooking book Leon: Fast Vegetarian* for the first time. The first recipe I tried from this book was a zucchini tomatoes gratin. And this directly turned out to be a culinary hit. But tomatoes with zucchini, fresh herbs and a little cheese is also simply a mixture that I just like very much. And maybe you will love it as well. Have a nice week!
- 400 g ripe tomatoes seeded and finely chopped
- 400 g zucchini cut into thin stripes
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tbsp Parmesan
- 1 tbsp polenta
- 2 tbsp mixed fresh herbs basil, chives, oregano, parsley,..., chopped
- salt | pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Toss the zucchini stripes in a bowl in 3 tbsp olive oil, then fry in a pan on both sides.
- Mix garlic, cheese, polenta and herbs in a bowl.
- Give in a greased baking dish alternately the zucchini, tomatoes and the cheese herb mixture, following this order. Season each layer with salt and pepper and drizzle it with the remaining olive oil. Finish with a cheese and herb layer and bake for about 30 minutes in the oven until the surface is golden brown.
* This is an Amazon affiliate link, which means that if you click on the link, I’ll receive a small provision.